Monday, December 13, 2004

Eighties Week Starts...NOW!!

That's right! It's that time of the year agian! Welcome to "HADES IN THE EIGHTIES II," a week-long celebration of all things '80s! Every day this week, we here at Homemade Fireworks are going to pay a new, much-deserved, and impossibly hilarious tribute to the decade of Debbie Gibson, The Goonies...and Gorf.

To kick things off, we're going to hop in the Delorean and set the Flux Capacitor to "Reagan." We're going to take a peek into the formative years of Charlotte's most celebrated Internet personality me, and maybe, somewhere along the line, we just might be able to find out were things started to go wrong.

Image Hosted by  ImageShack.us
As my mom rambled on and on about how big a bounty Jabba had on my head, I slowly raised my blaster pistol.

Image Hosted by  ImageShack.us
Seconds earlier, this pool was full of evil Wing-Kong foot soliders. You don’t see any of them in there now, do you? You’re welcome, pool.

Image Hosted by  ImageShack.us
When I looked at the Dolphin Lunch Menu and saw that "face" was the main course, I had no idea they were talking about mine!!

Image Hosted by  ImageShack.us
When the word came down that my parents were Communist double-agents, I had no choice but to liberate my kitchen with extreme prejudice.

Image Hosted by  ImageShack.us
If another birthday party tried to tell me it was the best birthday ever, I'd show it this picture and then wait for it to admit it was lying.

Image Hosted by  ImageShack.us
The rebels crapped themselves when they discovered they had crash-landed on Romper Roomulus 10, the planet of huge children, but by then it was too late.

So there you have it. Stop by tomorrow as "Hades In The Eighties II" continues!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This one is by far the best post ever. EVER!!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Look at these pictures, and then look at pretty much all of my other posts. 15 years later, and I'm still writing about Transformers and Star Wars.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As the photographer of all of the pictures in this post, I want my due credit - and residuals. These are all copyrighted! You'll hear from my lawyer.

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Duct Cleaners Rochester said...

Hello nicce blog

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home